People coming for a hypnosis session, might have some questions about what hypnosis really is. Let's review the myths and facts about hypnosis:
- Hypnosis is falling asleep.
- Hypnosis removes the voluntary control of a person.
- The hypnotist needs a special power.
- A hypnotized person may not wake up.
- It only works on mentally weak people.
- People may reveal their secrets.
- People may look like fools.
- People can be abused.
- People will not remember anything after the session.
- Hypnosis is an altered state of consciousness. People are awaken and alert.
- People are always in control while they are in a trance.
- The hypnotist needs the collaboration of the client in order to by hypnotized.
- No one stays in a trance. People are not asleep.
- It works better on smart people that can visualize or imagine easily.
- People are in complete control during a session.
- What we practice is not stage hypnosis. No one will feel or act like a fool.
- People in a trance are not under the control of the hypnotist.
- It is normal to remember everything once we come out of a trance.